Tuesday, March 31, 2015

I think it important to be aware of anime/manga culture and style. I wasn't really big fan of the anime we watched in class. I do understand the why its important because I remember growing up with shows like Sailor Moon, and Pokemon. It was interesting looking at those different shows last class because a few of them were clearly not meant for children. I find it quite interesting why some anime is automatically assumed for kids in the states and I think that is something that needs to be reconsidered. Like any other art form I think people should learn about anime, if the artist finds it interesting. It is important for artist to learn and study all different forms of art, I feel like with anime if you have seem one you basically have seen them all. I think they are predictable and a little cheesy. I recently rewatched some Sailor Moon episodes, which was one of my favorite TV shows when I was younger, but after watching a few episodes here and there I found her character annoying and whiny and from the ones we watched in class they at least had one character like that. I think one class was enough to show people what anime and manga whats it all about because it wasn't something I really thought about in a while. I think by having that class it aloud people to watch something and discuss something they normally wouldn't talk about.

No comments:

Post a Comment