Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Before this week I hadn't really read much comics. When I was in middle school I used to read some of the Archie comics or the comics in the sunday paper. They were always something asa I viewed as entertaining and funny. I haven't really read much comics although throughout the years because of the movies that have come out I have grown to love superheroes. Lately trying to figure out what I'd like to do with my art I have been looking more and more at comic books and different styles and artists. I read  Ducks, by Kate Beaton and I thought the style was really simple but cute and obviously its in process but I found it really interesting and looking forward to seeing the outcome of the story. The other comic I read during break was a little bit of She-Hulk I liked were it was going and I would like to continue reading more of it outside of class. I like how they did the twist on Hulk as a character, she is smart, brave and isn't afraid to say whats on her mind. Having her have the qualities is showing that our society is growing and evolving and allowing girls to save the day is big thing. I believe She-Hulk is a step in the right direction for woman empowerment. Besides all of that the artwork is beautiful. I admire the limited color in each frame its effective and readable instantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment