Tuesday, April 14, 2015

One of the fan communities that I belong to is for a boyband called One Direction. Originally the band included four British boys (Harry Styles, Zayn Malik, Liam Payne, and Louis Tomlinson) and one Irish boy (Niall Horan), however recently one of the British members (Zayn Malik) has left leaving only four members in the band. They were formed on the British TV show called the X Factor about five years ago. They all auditioned as solo artists, but Simon Cowell (one of the judges) decided that they would be better as a group. They didn't win the X factor they came in third place, through the power of twitter, youtube and other forms of social media the fans that followed them from the start tweeted made it their mission to have One Direction become one of the biggest bands in the world. One Direction fans (or Directioners) are some of the craziest fans on the planet. I hate being part of this fandom because its such a huge fandom and there are so many rumors and so much drama because the fandom is all teenage girls. We as fandom care about the boys so deeply and act like we know them but we really don't know them. Everyone thinks that they know the boys better then the rest of the fans which makes it sort of nuts sometimes. The fandom is known for starting rumors such as two of the members being together (Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson) aka Larry. These fans are known as Larry shippers, and they have crazing theories about them being together and if they even look at each other on stage the fans freakout.  I have a love hate relationship with this fandom, I try not really get to involved with the craziness I try mostly to observe.  They boys have become such a important part of my life as silly as that may sound. I tend to talk about them like I know them and they are something that I can't go a day without talking about. If it wasn't for these boys I won't have made some of the friendships I have today and these are friendships that I know will last me a lifetime.  Just like my support for these four idiots who spit water, who pants each other on stage all while managing to sing will last a lifetime. Urban Dictionary says a Directioner is "Someone who stands by the band One Direction no matter what. Who would be there to support the boys 100%. Whether it's acting, singing, dancing, anything... they'll be there for it all. Even when the band grows up and goes on with their lives, these girls that call themselves "directioners" will NEVER forget the happiness and the joy that Harry Styles, Niall Horan, Liam Payne, Louis Tomlinson, and Zayn Malik brought to them for so many years!"

No comments:

Post a Comment