Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Class story story response

1. Are there any preeminent symbols in the story? *if so, what are they and how are they used.
I would say the key is a symbol and everything that follows after it about how there is the complex string of events that you have to go through to get to know the real him and understand who he really is. I'm really bad at picking out what the symbols are of stories.

2. What connection did you make with the story? Discuss the elements of work with which you were able to connect.
I didn't really feel a connection with this story. I have not idea what is really going on I feel like it was just scattered information spread out, I also didn't get a chance to finish the story so maybe it would make more sense if I had. But I think its sad that he feels like he has to live a double life and can't show who he really is. Its also unfair to his girlfriend because he is lying to her and not being honest with her and that is no way have a relationship.

3. What changed would you change to adopt this story into another media? What media would you use? what would you make of it?
I think I would make it into a short film. I see it as the girlfriend reading all these notes or a journal that he left behind. Or her even stumbling upon it, he has no idea that she found it. I see it in black and white, shots switching from her fully body shots, to close ups of her face and hands, to shots of the room around her. It would be a voice over lay so she would be reading in his voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment